It all started when...
Krista grew up in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL where she spent most of her time playing sports and causing havoc with her twin sister. Krista focused on her academics while juggling many sports such as basketball, badminton, softball and volleyball. Krista’s great success was in volleyball where she achieved many medals and awards throughout her school career. Her success peaked with her representing team Newfoundland and Labrador as captain while attending the Atlantic provinces for summer competitions. Krista also excelled in other extracurricular school activities. She represented her high school at business competitions several times.
After graduating high school in 2005, Krista attended Memorial University of Newfoundland where she completed her Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology Co-operative in 2010. In her spare time, Krista enjoyed working as a resident assistant for her peers in her living quarters at university. She continued to enjoy volleyball during this time playing as much as school would allow. Krista also enjoyed volunteering with the Special Olympics team for bowling and ringette in Newfoundland for a number of years in her spare time.
Since completing her formal university education, Krista has continued to pursue her education to improve her physiotherapy practice with taking several post graduate courses. Her passion for physiotherapy extends to sharing her knowledge and experience with others including physiotherapy students. She continues to play volleyball and softball in her spare time as well as looking for opportunities to help organize volleyball events / fundraisers. When she is not spending time playing with her two dogs or enjoying time with her boyfriend, Krista feels she can take on the world with her direct selling company of lipsense/senegence to keep herself occupied and her mind sharp in the business/customer service world of beauty products.
Following is a list of post graduate courses and other education activities that Krista has undertaken to help serve you better:
- Physiotherapy Management principles for patients who are critically ill by CPA (May 3, 2015)
- Physiotherapy Management Principles for Patients with Acute Medical / Surgical Conditions (May 2, 2015)
- LEAN- Leadership workshop for Allied Health Professionals (October 24, 2014)
- Advanced Orthopedic Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapy Course – Level 2 lower (May-June 2014)
- Advanced Orthopedic Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapy Course – Level 1 (September 2012)
- The Mullgian Concept Upper & Lower (September 2013)
- The Mckenzie Institute International: Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy Part A: The Lumbar Spine (February 2014)
- AA1: Foundations of Anatomical Acupuncture (February 2013)
- Diabetes Care Certificate (November 2013)
- Interprofessional Health Education (2012)
- BSN medical – Introduction to Neuro-Proprioceptive Taping (2011)
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador Personal Health Information Act (2011)
- MelioGuide - Working with Clients with Osteoporosis (2011)
- ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training Certification (2006)
- Certified Worker Health and Safety Representative